Skip to main content

Almost every married woman is in love, but not with their husbands

For some women, marriage is their greatest support system

In some cases, only support system

If every other thing fails, marriage is the last resort

I have a friend, she is engaged, and the date for her marriage has already been fixed

Her fiance lives abroad

They just got engaged because according to her, his mum wants him to marry an Imo state girl, and she is from Imo state.

That's his reason

Hers is... You will find out soon, keep reading...

Oga lives in Germany and my friend lives in Nigeria

She is so happy, in fact, the day he proposed, she almost fainted

Not out of love, even though she claimed it is

But out of relief

Finally, she gets to leave poverty and Nigeria

Get this... She was in a relationship with a Nigerian guy

She was in love with him before German brother came into the picture and she realized it was a situationship

It took weeks to jump ship

Switched to new guy even without meaning to

Circumstances just happened

Her parents are poor and can't support her

Her ex couldn't do enough because he is a minimum wage earner

She is unemployed despite being a graduate

She is unemployed because all the places she worked, the men wanted to sleep with her

She started a business, but every entrepreneur and start-up living in Nigeria knows business is hard for a Nigerian in Nigeria under this evil administration

She was at her wits end when this new guy showed up

Now she is in love, or so she thinks

The point is

Love is self-interest not unconditional

Once a total stranger or even your enemy starts giving you all you need every time you are in need, feelings will definitely grow

Need is the seed that grows into feelings

Most people aren't getting married out of love but need necessity and survival

I don't blame them

It's survival

They don't make the decision out of free will but a need to survive and stop suffering

When they see a ring, they don't see love, they see support

Almost every married woman is in love, but not with their husbands

That's why married women are the most unhappy, forget the social media clout

A large percentage of awon married women didn't marry the man they love, they married the man who married them.

In my friend's words...

Hunger can make you think you have feelings for the person who bought you food



Kingdavid Chinaeke Ofunne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Must Read You Must Read

Serial Ranter In the usual mad rush to beat the next available person and gain a seat inside the unusual scarce buses in the morning, I noticed an elderly man, standing helplessly and unable to compete with the younger and much more heavily built youths all around him. Men and women, even kids all rushing, stepping on themselves, pulling one another's clothes without a care in the world and hurling insults at one another without even bothering about the elderly man, standing hopelessly. Indeed this generation is worse then Sodom and Gomorrah I thought. I was sick to my stomach at the sight, so I walked up to him, asked him where he was headed and fortunately, he was heading my way, so I told him to stay close and waited for the next bus, and as it came, I fought like a wounded tiger, pushing and scratching and finally succeeded in securing one spot, immediately I gave it to him, he climbed in and I couldn't get in as the bus was filled up. I felt fulfilled that instan

While the torch Is lit, run with it

It’s hard to change your routine when you are a creature of habit. Habits formed from years of doing the same things over and over and over and over again. We get so comfortable with repeating schedules, we forget the magic of spontaneity and risk. The fun in chasing deals, pursuing forbidden love, romances unpersuaded or words left unsaid. Your dreams won't chase themselves. They need legs. How long are your legs. A wise man once said... Seeming is being. Stop being your own worst critic. Be your number one fan, first and your worst critic, last. You must have heard this a whole lot, life is short. Sounds like a cliché, right? You might laugh or think it's untrue, after all the world have been in existence for over 2000 years. You have also been hearing the same words since you were a child, now you are old and you are still hearing it. But think for a second, how old are you now? Was it not just a while ago you were a baby and still in your f

Riotous Love

I have always found Tony, my boyfriend, fascinating His write-ups and rants about bad governance and patriarchy got me wet and awestruck every single time I visited his timeline  Whenever he wrote a piece on Facebook and Twitter, he got thousands of likes and comments I always read every comment, especially from women who were mesmerized by his writing prowess I was once part of such women until I decided to shoot my shot, and, like cupid, I hit him straight in the heart A simple "Hello, I've read and enjoyed all your stories, maybe you could write ours someday, hope I'm not overreaching?" I had to drink almost a full bottle of bailey's to find courage for that stunt, and today, we are celebrating 8 months of the best love story ever. He was my Mr. Perfect, everything I could ever ask for and more It wasn't surprising when he asked me to join him and go for the peaceful protest here in Lagos, and like a love-struck puppy, quickly I jumped up and said yes That