Skip to main content

While the torch Is lit, run with it



It’s hard to change your routine when you are a creature of habit.

Habits formed from years of doing the same things over and over and over and over again.

We get so comfortable with repeating schedules, we forget the magic of spontaneity and risk.

The fun in chasing deals, pursuing forbidden love, romances unpersuaded or words left unsaid.

Your dreams won't chase themselves.

They need legs.

How long are your legs.

A wise man once said... Seeming is being.

Stop being your own worst critic.

Be your number one fan, first and your worst critic, last.

You must have heard this a whole lot, life is short.

Sounds like a cliché, right?

You might laugh or think it's untrue, after all the world have been in existence for over 2000 years.

You have also been hearing the same words since you were a child, now you are old and you are still hearing it.

But think for a second, how old are you now?

Was it not just a while ago you were a baby and still in your father's house, now you are an adult and almost getting married.

It's over 10 years you graduated from high school, you can remember the first day you stepped into college yet today, you work in a bank or own your own business.

It feels just like yesterday.

And you think life isn't short.

Life passes like a vapour.

Today you are here and tomorrow you aren't.

Look back to when you were a child, how many of your friends are still alive and with you today?

How many of those that started with you, are still around today?

And you still think life isn't short.

We live as though we will always be here.

It's not bad, I mean I detest those motivational jargons that threatens us to live as though life is short.

But while living like you have the whole time in the world, please remember, life is indeed short.

So live wisely, live strongly and live with the knowledge that you did it all.


Don't stick to those miserable life plans and calendar because you’re too scared to move outside the box

Step out of your comfort zone because it might be a wall blocking you from the luxury you deserve.

The reward you have earned from years of growing and building is locked inside the box on the other side of the wall.

Life is a one time offer, no second chances so please live it well.

Interestingly, life is built in such a way that when you don’t see the end, you feel like there's no end and so you live carelessly

But put death in the equation, place death side by side and the difference is clear.

Death helps us put things in perspective.

Then you see beyond and through the unnecessary distractions and fears because of course, what have you got to lose.

But death waits for us all, be rest assured that it's there even though you can't see it.

Laugh boldly
Love boldly
Work wisely
Fuck wildly
While you still can

Life is short and it's not easy as we know.

But at least you must make it worthy.

While the torch is still lit, run with it.



Kingdavid Chinaeke Ofunne
The Authorpreneur
www.ofunneceo.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Well said. I love this part the most

    "Death helps us put things in perspective.

    Then you see beyond and through the unnecessary distractions and fears because of course, what have you got to lose.

    But death waits for us all, be rest assured that it's there even though you can't see it.

    Laugh boldly
    Love boldly
    Work wisely
    Fuck wildly
    While you still can

    Life is short and it's not easy as we know.

    But at least you must make it worthy.

    While the torch is still lit, run with it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. Don't forget to keep following us for more of this and other exciting stories and articles.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Must Read You Must Read

Serial Ranter In the usual mad rush to beat the next available person and gain a seat inside the unusual scarce buses in the morning, I noticed an elderly man, standing helplessly and unable to compete with the younger and much more heavily built youths all around him. Men and women, even kids all rushing, stepping on themselves, pulling one another's clothes without a care in the world and hurling insults at one another without even bothering about the elderly man, standing hopelessly. Indeed this generation is worse then Sodom and Gomorrah I thought. I was sick to my stomach at the sight, so I walked up to him, asked him where he was headed and fortunately, he was heading my way, so I told him to stay close and waited for the next bus, and as it came, I fought like a wounded tiger, pushing and scratching and finally succeeded in securing one spot, immediately I gave it to him, he climbed in and I couldn't get in as the bus was filled up. I felt fulfilled that instan

My Boss' Wife

*My Boss' Wife* Rated 18+ ........................................ My coming into that house was filled with mixed feelings. I don't know if I liked it or I hated it because of the stares and countenances I faced while my boss was introducing me to his household. He's a man in his late 70's, married to a pretty young girl - a slay mama as you may have it with the shape of cardi B - probably in her late twenties. I am to be his houseboy and driver. I had the privilege of staying in the master's building with the family and not the BQ. My room was next to the house maid while the boss and his wife shared a room upstairs. I'm a graduate and have been working with the bank for close to eight years now as a cashier. I had to quit my job to get this one because the pay was thrice bigger than my previous job, and the condition was very favorable. The fact that am single and want to save up some money and marry my girlfriend made it a mouth watering offer to me